Lead Quality Assurance Engineer
|Job type||Full time|
|Location||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
The Lead Quality Assurance Engineer, supports the Principal Quality Assurance Engineer, by coordinating business, technical and quality criteria within the delivery.
They not only assist the software engineering team in executing the designed test strategy for their product area, but they also assist the product owner in assuring the most optimal user journey.
Their primary focus is to understand the business domain both operationally and technically, to provide context to the tests and QA activities they carry out. As a Lead Quality Assurance Engineer you will be technically skilled in software engineering and testing practices.
The role executes and co-ordinates end to end business process tests in a variety of delivery models in support of the portfolio release trains.
- Working closely with project members, technical product owners, architects and software engineers to understand the complete context of deliveries to translate complex functional and non-functional requirements in robust end 2 end tests which exercise the business process.
- Working with the Technology QA Core team ensure non production environments and test data is available to support end 2 end tests.
- Liaise with other release train teams to manage the testing of cross dependencies.
- Ensure Test Tools are configured correctly and accurately to support the collection of metrics for program and enterprise-wide dashboards.
- Support and guide Software Engineers to write and maintain automated functional tests through continuous integration.
- Implement, maintain and adapt automation frameworks, and Test harnesses to make end to end tests robust.
- Ensure Quality Gate requirements are understood by the team and are met.
- Support the Quality Assurance Engineering Manager in the coordination of major migrations activities covering data loads, data migrations, cut over activities across multiple domains and environments ensuring no customer or business impact.
Qualifications & Experience
- 5+ years in quality related roles with increasing responsibility, impact, and scope within a digital or ecommerce environment.
- 3+ years of experience as a Software Quality Engineering lead or equivalent position looking after multiple products.
- Experience in providing product input on business process flows and scenario mapping for business solutions.
- Experience of understanding and applying system thinking to advanced technology solutions for large, complex organisations in a multi-functional environment.
- Experience with creating and maintaining large scale test data frameworks to support test automation
- 3+ years of experience using one or more of the following automation tools: Selenium components (WebDriver, Grid, etc.), Protractor, Jasmin, Cucumber, Gherkin, JUnit, TestNG.
- Experience using git SCM tools, GitHub or Bitbucket or similar tools.
- Experienced with coding best practices and defining coding guidelines.
- Highly experienced with developing automation frameworks from scratch built for UI and API testing and integration with CI pipelines.
- Experience using CI tools like Jenkins, Azure DevOps or equivalent.
- Strong expertise with context driven and exploratory testing with practical experience of using a number of testing heuristics.
- Experience working with VMs and containers both on prem and cloud offerings like Amazon and google cloud.
- Aware of the latest testing and technology trends and using them to improve daily practices.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with demonstrable experience communicating cross-functionally with architects and product owners in formal and informal settings.
- Experienced with leading a team of engineers to achieve product and business goals.
- Ability to work effectively within a release train in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational, planning, and follow-up skills and ability to hold others accountable.
- Strong people management skills with a proven ability to hire and grow teams of Software Quality Engineers.
Salary & Benefits
Join us in Dubai and enjoy an attractive tax-free salary and travel benefits that are exclusive to our industry, including discounts on flights and hotels stays around the world. You can find out more information about our employee benefits in the Working Here section of our website www.emirates.com/careers. Further information on what's it like to live and work in our cosmopolitan home city, can be found in the Dubai Lifestyle section.
Lead Quality Assurance Engineer
Added 8 months ago