Group Legal Manager
|Job type||Full Time|
JOB DESCRIPTION / ROLE
As Group Legal Manager, you will advise the business on all legal matters, from corporate and company secretarial through to commercial work.
A family-owned business with interests in retail, FMCG and F&B.
* Negotiate, draft and review all commercial contracts, including (primarily) franchise agreements, license agreements, marketing agreements and distribution agreements, among others.
* Negotiate and execute any large commercial transactions conducted by the Group in the region, with support of external counsel if required.
* Act as the Company Secretary for the Group, while also preparing for an IPO in the future.
* Manage external counsel on all litigation matters, mainly in the UAE and KSA.
* Build the legal function, managing recruitment, training and development, and mentoring for legal professionals depending upon business and team needs.
* Advise the family and the board on future growth strategies, risk mitigation strategies and legal challenges.
* Competitive, tax-free salary.
* Exciting opportunity to build and lead an in-house team.
* Dynamic, progressive working environment.
* Must have 8+ years of experience, primarily in an in-house role.
* Must have experience working in (or covering) both UAE and KSA.
* Some experience in a corporate secretary role highly preferred.
* Experience within retail, real estate or construction, or at a family-owned holding group is desirable.
* Must be a fluent English and Arabic speaker, with the ability to draft in both languages.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Michael Page is one of the world's leading professional recruitment consultancies, specializing in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.
The Group has operations in the UK, Continental Europe, Asia-Pacific and the Americas. In the Middle East we focus on the areas of:
Finance & Accounting Banking & Financial Services Procurement Property & Construction Engineering & Supply Chain Oil & Gas Technical and Engineering Human Resources Sales Marketing Technology Secretarial Executive Search Legal
The Group operates through 161 offices in 33 countries and employs over 5,000 employees worldwide.