Housing Maintenance Technician
|Location||Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai|
|Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai|
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SCOPE / BUSINESS CONTEXT
- A Full Time position
- Number of Direct Reports - 0
- Titles of Direct Reports – NA
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Skills and Knowledge:
- Able to work under pressure
- Team player
- Able to lift and bend
- Maintain high standard of all engineering services required for indoor and outdoor meetings and functions.
- Attend associate complaints as directed.
- Participate and ensure complete success of preventive maintenance program of the housing.
- Do a daily walk around the housing and function room to ensure good working condition and corrective action is taken
- Make sure that all materials needed to perform the jobs are available prior to work commencing.
- Maintain that all materials needed to perform the jobs are available prior to work commencing.
- Participate in departmental meetings and training etc.
- To attend all safety and fire training and adhere to safety instructions at work to prevent any accidents.
- Document all work performed and any spares used.
- Carry out any requests asked of you by your immediate supervisor.
- Your uniform should be clean at all times if you have to go to guest areas. Your uniform should be changed on a daily basis.
- Hygiene is of upmost importance, please make sure that you wash before coming to work and you practice good hygiene
- throughout your daily routine.
- To ensure that you maintain a high level of hospitality and guest concern. Practice at all times “Empowerment” and do
- whatever it takes to satisfy the guest.
- Accident prevention and safety to be aware of all existing departmental job safety analysis and to strive to work in an accident
- free manner and to create a safe working environment for himself and for others.
Safety and Security:
- Report work related accidents, or other injuries immediately upon occurrence to manager/supervisor.
- Follow company and department safety and security policies and procedures to ensure a clean, safe, and secure environment.
- Notify Loss Prevention/Security of any guest reports of theft.
Policies and Procedures:
- Follow company, hotel and department policies and procedures.
- Follows Marriott International Hotels Limited Regional Office policies and procedures
- Protect the privacy and security of guests and coworkers.
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary materials and information.
- Ensure uniform, nametags, and personal appearance are clean, hygienic, professional and in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Protect company tools, equipment, machines, or other assets in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors and Management.
- Working hours as required to do your job but normally not less than 48 hours per week.
- Actively listen and respond positively to guest questions, concerns, and requests using brand or property specific process (e.g., LEARN, JW Symphony of Service) to resolve issues, delight, and build trust.
- Assist other employees to ensure proper coverage and prompt guest service.
- Anticipate guests' service needs, including asking questions of guests to better understand their needs and watching/listening to guest preferences and acting on them whenever possible.
- Address guests' service needs in a professional, positive, and timely manner.
- Engage guests in conversation regarding their stay, property services, and area attractions/offerings.
- Thank guests with genuine appreciation and provide a fond farewell.
- Welcome and acknowledge each and every guest with a smile, eye contact, and a friendly verbal greeting, using the guest's name when possible.
- Supply guests/residents with directions and information regarding property amenities, services, and hours of operation, and local areas of interest and activities.
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette including answering the phone within 3 rings, answering with a smile in one's voice, using the callers' name, transferring calls to appropriate person/department, requesting permission before placing the caller on hold, taking and relaying messages, and allowing the caller to end the call.
- Speak to guests and co-workers using clear, appropriate and professional language.
- Talk with and listen to other employees to effectively exchange information.
Working with Others:
- Support all co-workers and treat them with dignity and respect.
- Handle sensitive issues with employees and/or guests with tact, respect, diplomacy, and confidentiality. Develop and maintain positive and productive working relationships with other employees and departments.
- Partner with and assist others to promote an environment of teamwork and achieve common goals.
Quality Assurance/Quality Improvement:
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards, e.g. GuestVoice and JW Marriott Brand Standard Audit.
- Enter and locate work-related information using computers and/or point of sale systems.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift.
- Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g., small print).
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 10 pounds without assistance