Registered Nurse - PICU
Aster DM Healthcare
|Job type||Full time|
|Location||Sharjah, United Arab Emirates|
|Sharjah, United Arab Emirates|
- Obtains and documents a patient assessment which incorporates all available data/information.
- Utilizes techniques of observation, interview, measurement and physical examination in making an assessment.
- Assesses family adaptation, coping skills and the need for crisis or other intervention.
- Updates the nursing care plan continually as patient status demands.
- Commences discharge planning as soon as it is feasible in co-operation with patient and significant others.
- Delivers care using the nursing process, setting priorities in the delivery of care.
- Delegates and supervise nursing care delivered by junior Staff Nurses.
- Co-ordinates care delivered by other health professionals.
- Provides care in a non-judgmental, non-discriminatory manner that is sensitive to the adult or elderly patient's and family's diversity, preserving their autonomy, dignity and rights and is culturally competent.
- Reports patient condition to appropriate personnel during each shift
- Provide family-centered care by communicating with the family regarding the changing health care needs of their family member
- Communicates evaluation and subsequent plan to patient/significant others and healthcare team
- Accordingly assist for UAC/UVC recognize and manage complications.
- Recognize and handle emergency situations and complications effectively during the course of treatment
- Skill in handling neonates on phototherapy and incubator.
- Demonstrate skill in E.T & tracheostomy suctioning.
- Demonstrate skill neonatal drug and fluid calculations
- Safe insertion, placement and removal of nasogastric tubes
- Active participation in code pink
- Support in implementing and managing the budget as per the plan
- Support in planning activities based on the budget
- Inform Nurse Manager/Head Nurse of malfunctioning equipment and utilize resources effectively and efficiently
- Maintains confidentiality of patients' information
- Adheres to the safety protocols of the hospital and ensures safety of the patients.
- Guides and supervises the work of nurse associate.
- Delegates tasks to the nurse associate and other health care assistants rationally.
- Works collaboratively and support efforts of team members
- Handles medico legal cases according to the organization's protocols.
- Follows strict infection control protocols and takes responsibility in ensuring quality control related to quality monitors
- Provides end of life care according to the culture of people
- Demonstrates exceptional customer service and interact effectively with physicians, patients, visitors, staff and the broader health care community
- To maintain current trends in nursing practice and management through formal education and self-development efforts
- To possess clear understanding and commitment to the philosophy of Aster DM Health care
- Enhance own professional growth by updating theoretical knowledge and practical skill through self learning and participating in training programs
- Be compliant with licensing requirements
- Participate in quality assurance and other research initiatives
- Participate in unit meetings and contribute in achieving objective of the clinic
- Assist in development and /or implementation of unit based policies and procedures related to patient care
- Participate in programs for quality improvement in nursing practices
- Participate in staff education and staff meeting
- Participate in other activities of the medical centres/ hospitals
- Consistently demonstrating willingness, dedication and commitment
- Promptly taking ownership and responsibility of all assigned tasks.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Medcare Hospitals and Medical Centres (Medcare), the premium healthcare division of Aster DM Healthcare, is one of the pioneering healthcare providers in the region.
With a focus on delivering a patient-centric journey as well as encouraging clinical excellence and state-of-the-art care, Medcare operates three multi-specialty hospitals including Medcare Hospital Safa Park Dubai, Medcare Hospital Sharjah and Medcare Women and Children Hospital in Dubai and one specialty hospital Medcare Orthopaedics & Spine Hospital. In addition, it has three specialty centres and 12 multi-specialty centres in key locations across Dubai and Sharjah.
With a team of 350+ qualified healthcare professionals, Medcare promotes and supports the highest standards in preventive, curative and rehabilitative healthcare.
Added 1 month ago